Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Talking Big, Talking Trash - Delivering Results

There has been a lot of trash talking on the team lately. I think my recent spike to the 70/80s in count has made the male team members a little nervous. (I wanted to say male members there, but I thought it wouldn't be appropriate.)

They came in strong with declarations of "I am going to crush you" and other similar statements. They thought their previous beer drinking experience would be enough to get them through.

Dude, you are not LeBron James. Maybe you have skills, but this is the Big League. I might not be the fastest drinker. I might not have the biggest tolerance. However, I am hungry (well thirsty), and I am willing to work at it instead of resting on my laurels.

Granted, I have thrown some verbal barbs over the wall, but I have slowly and steadily backing up my smack talk with the numbers. It is nice to hit 3 pointers, but when you can't make the layups or foul shots, you're not wearing the t-shirt with 23! You're not even wearing the Winking Lizard fleece first.

To make it even more interesting, I am the only member to complete the Belgian Beer mini tour - kind of like the All Star game for the WLTOB.

I got a wonderful glass that I am going to use as a prize for our corn hole tournament. I know I don't have the skills to win the corn hole tournament, but I also remember, it is just a game.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You think you're the only one to finish the Belgain tour, huh? Interesting....