Friday, July 27, 2007

Blended Guinness Drinks for All!

Well, it has felt like forever, but the team is getting together tonight. I am not sure about the status of all the members. It seems like summer is in full swing and everyone is being pulled in a million directions.

There are beers to be drank in a million other place. It seems like my intake of Miller Lite has increased dramatically. I did manage to have a Half and Half the other night. This sweet combination of Guinness and and Harp should not be confused for Black and Tan.

I had forgotten how refreshing the drink could be. Now as you might have read, I love the Guinness. However, in the summer, I just can't have more than one or two. A wee bit on the heavy side. I have to say, the Harp just makes the Guinness so snappy. It is a lovely experience.

So here is what I am thinking, a trend will continue with the blended Guinness drinks. I am hoping to have a black and gold. That is a local twist on the blended tradition. It takes the same theory of part Guinness and adds Dortmunder Gold from Great Lakes Brewing Company. I am thinking it is going to be a combination to my liking.

I am just hoping the rain has gone away and we can sit outside and enjoy the great summer weather. I am hoping that when I say "It was pouring" everyone understands, I am talking about the beer.

No comments: