Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Magic Hat and a Black T-Shirt

One of the great benefits of my new job is the very close proximity to a wide variety of drinking establishments. For instance, I went to a gallery opening on Friday across the bridge from where I work. Afterward, we went to McCarthy's Ale House for a few cheap beers.

As the group gathered we decided to play bar bowling at the Harbor Inn. We bowled a couple of rounds and I purchased everyone their own individual styled ale. I had the Celebrator Doppelbock (mostly because someone else wanted my beer).

So as the night rolled on, we ended back at the bar in the building where I work . . . the Nauti Mermaid. I had a lovely Magic Hat 9 draft. It is a lovely brew. I had a few drafts when it was on special at the Winking Lizard. I even got a pint glass with it.

I was even more encourage to drink it because I happened to meet the East Coast Representative earlier in the week when I went for a happy hour drink with a co-worker. It was pretty cool. He told me he bought me the drink. I told him I really liked the beer. After that, he offered me a t-shirt.

It is a cool Magic Hat Brewing Company t-shirt. Even better, it is an American Apparel t-shirt. Given the recent situation with Chinese imports, I was glad to be drinking an American beer, wearing an American t-shirt.

No comments: