Friday, September 28, 2007

The Last Cornhole of Summer

Admittedly, I have been busy. Too busy to write up a corn hole day blog? Well, yes - that busy!!

How does it all happen? One day you are drinking beast, ironically made by Miller Brewing. from a keg in some dinky apartment, struggling to get your BA/BS. The next thing you know, you are worrying that you do not have enough money in your 401(k) to live in Ireland when you retire.

With so many things changing, I have to ask myself, "What hasn't changed in my life?"

  1. My ridiculous sense of competition. Yes, I love being outside and playing corn hole. No, I do not like losing or being terrible at a child's game. The fact that Hollow Leg and AneLyn are great at it - only more frustrating. I think they have experience on their side. Let's come back to this one after a couple years of practice.
  2. I love to drink beer in the middle of the day. I know this sounds incredibly irresponsible of me. However, there is something about a sunny day that makes me want to grab a bag of Lay's Potato Chips and six pack of Miller Lite and head outside. Of course, you have to eat half of the bag (a common lays chip issue) and drink every single bottle. Good times!
  3. I have a magic ability to organize an impromptu tournament. Yes, other people have this power, but I exercise it on a regular basis. Others might try, but I am so pushy, it works for me.
  4. Work hard, play hard.
  5. I realize that having good friends is the secret to staying sane in life. Everyone has crap they need to deal with, but it is better to realize that you are not the only one with a bad boss, a weird co-worker, a pain-in-the-backside parent. Misery loves company. That said, who is really that miserable when they are playing corn hole?
OK, so this has been a post more about life than about beer. Sometimes, Life is like corn hole. You throw four bags. No matter how much you play, sometimes you miss altogether, sometimes you overshoot, sometimes you land short, sometimes you land on the board and sometimes you drain it in the hole!

No comments: