Tuesday, October 16, 2007

New Winking Lizard . . Same Good Beer

As I mentioned in a previous post, original Winking Lizard closed its doors. Fortunately, it opened a new place literally next door. I have to admit, before I went there, I was hesitant. there were so many good times at the old place. I didn't know if it would be the same.

Low and behold, the new place is great. The layout is much better. The patio looks fabulous. Even more importantly, the good times were still there. I met up with Hollow Leg and friends for a few beers.

We fell immediately back into our usual habits with all of the same great beers on tap. It made me realize something: it is not about the place, it is about the people. It is about the beer.

Speaking of being about the beer, Great Lakes unveiled it Christmas Ale last Friday. I have to say, buyer beware. This ale is a potent one. At 7.5% abv, one pint is enough. If you are feeling crazy, maybe two for the entire evening.

On this particular night, I went with one and a quarter, then downshifted to Shiner Bock from our good friends in Shiner, TX. Anything that 7-time Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong will drink is good enough for me!

Cheers until next time.

No comments: