Monday, November 5, 2007

Something I always knew . . beer can be good for you

So I am always excited to hear some good news about beer. I am not quite sure what I think about anyone who isn't. Before I go on a tangent, I want to share some great news that I read this morning.

According to a story in the British Telegraph, people can benefit from drinking a beer after strenuous physical activity. Now, it does indicate you need to limit the consumption to one or two (that is where the goodness of the theory falls apart).

The study talks about how Spanish researchers have determined that beer can help someone who is dehydrated retain liquid better than water. I knew those Hash House Harriers had something going there.

Personally, I had a couple of pints after I ran the Army 10 miler and I felt ducky the next day. I have to say, one of my favorite races is the Arlington September 11th Memorial Run. Not only do you get to run around the Pentagon at sundown, the sponsors serve beer and pizza at the finish line.

So there you have it folks. Motivation to run a couple of laps around the neighborhood!

No comments: