Friday, March 30, 2007

The Goat, The Cork and The Gecko

As with any journey, travelers tend to collect memorabilia. Sometimes it can be postcards, but often it trinkets. Things of interest you find along the way.

For the WLWTOB, our team has started to collect the trinkets. Of course, as the first to the halfway point, I have collected the first three designated trinkets.

I have a small white goat from my Celebrator Dopplebock, a cork from the Lindeman's Pomme and a ceramic stopper from the Le Meule with a gecko on the top. All three were received on different occasions and bring back great memories of sitting around, enjoying good beer and having a laugh.

However, of all three trinkets, I dig the gecko the best. I have to say the Celebrator Dopplebock was by far the best beer of the three. The Lindeman's pomme is apple infused and bit more on the cidery side for me. The Le Meule had some spice in it - maybe clove - that gives it an odd flavor.

It is kind of interesting how beers have so much personality - just like people - just like my teammates. Maybe I will have to mull that over. Is someone the celebrator? Is someone the pomme?

No comments: