Monday, March 19, 2007

St. Patrick's Deployment Meeting

Well, the holiday drinking season (starting on Halloween and running through St. Patricks) has O'fficially concluded. It felt a little weird that our third team member was not even in the country.

We managed to coral some other WLWTOB supporters for a meeting on Friday. It was quite mellow, and I have a few theories about why.

  1. No one from the team was saying he was going to 'crush' us
  2. We skillfully avoided the Belgian beers
  3. I was embarrassed that I am a mere 7 beers away from the halfway point
  4. The session ran a brief 2.5 hours

I have an odd feeling about the team. I think I will be the first to make it to the halfway point, but then I am going to watch the other team members start getting fierce.

The biggest danger is that I am clipping through the ales - leaving the big Beligian beers and the fruity wheats. I think I need to re-evaluate the ales only tactic. I don't want to be choking down fruity beers and watch my team mates motor past me . . . or do I?

No comments: