Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The World Tour of Beer

I have recently began a world tour at the Winking Lizard. However, this is no ordinary world tour.

I am seeking to understand the different cultures of the world by drinking their beers. I have 50 weeks to drink 100 beers.

At first glance, 100 beers seems like an excessive amount. However, if you break down the total over a period of 50 weeks, it is a meager two beers a week.

As with any extended venture, like the time I trained for a half marathon, success is much more attainable and fun with a team.

The team started off as a team of two members - me and the girl who sits over my cube wall. We have managed to add one more - very enthusiastic - member. So now, we are two girls and a boy.

In additional to the team, we felt there was a need for a support staff. Lance Armstrong didn't win the tour without the support vehicle. We are establishing a long list of supporters. Even managed to convert a non-beer drinker in the past few meetings.

This blog is going to talk about the exploits and cultural experience of doing a world tour of beer.

Cheers!

No comments: